Milestones in 100 Years of Service
1. Sri Ramakrishna Math National School was started by Swami Ramakrishnananda, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, in 1906 as an Elementary School with 3 girl children belonging to the poor daily wage labourers in Mint area of Chennai.
2. Government’s recognition obtained during British Rule in the year of 1917.
3. The School was functioning in a rented building at no. 6, Krishnappa Naicken Agraharam street till 1980 since the beginning.
4. The School moved to its present Permanent building on the Basin Bridge Road in the year 1980. The new building was formally inaugurated on October 3rd, 1980 by the then His Excellency Governor of Tamilnadu Sri Prabudas Patwari in the presence of Srimat Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj, then Vice President, Ramakrishna Math & Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, Kolkata.
5. The School celebrated its Centenary during the year 2006.
6. In the year 2013 the School has more than 370 children studying in Tamil medium.